OKC Dance Centre Policies
Please understand that the OKC Dance Centre Policies are designed to ensure the highest standards of personal and studio behavior, dress, and dance. We consider all aspects to be essential to developing the dance technique and character of our students. These rules apply to everyone connected to OKC Dance Centre, without exception.
- We encourage our students and parents to refrain from gossip or comparison. We hope to create a friendly atmosphere where everyone feels welcome and safe.
- Students and parents should welcome and help new OKC Dance Centre families.
- Children and young students not participating in class may not be left unattended.
- Cell phones must be set on silent or vibrate.
- Students must show respect and kindness to fellow dancers and OKC Dance Centre Staff.
- If you have questions or concerns, please notify the Director immediately.
- Dancers should wear modest cover-ups coming and going from the studio.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside.
- Young children may not be left unattended.
- Students must be picked up from class on time, unless given permission by Director.
- If a parent is more than 15 minutes late, you may be charged a $15 late fee.
- Notify Director for planned absences.
- Notify Director if ill and unable to attend, or in the event of an emergency.
- No refund is given for missed classes, however, students are given two weeks to make up classes with the coordination of the Director.
inclement Weather Policy
In the case of inclement or severe weather, please contact the studio. Even if school is cancelled, road conditions may improve enough to conduct classes that day.
- OKC Dance Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Students should put their names in all shoes, dance attire or bag.
- Students must wait for parents to pick them up inside the building.
- Older siblings, friends or extended family may not pick up children without the prior notice and consent of their legal guardian and the Director.
Expected Class behavior
- Students should arrive 10-15 min early to prepare for class. Arriving on time is important, as dancers need adequate warm-up time to prevent injury. It is also a sign of respect to the instructor and fellow students.
- Students should view individual correction as a good thing, since it will advance their progression.
- No gum or food is allowed in the studio. Bottled water or properly sealed containers of water only.
- Dance attire must be clean and free of holes and stains.
- Students are expected to maintain good hygiene. No colognes or perfumes allowed during class or performances.
- No cell phones may be brought into the dance area, and must be silenced during class.
- No talking is allowed during classes. Students are welcome to ask relevant questions to the topic on hand when prompted by instructor.
- Students must show respect to instructors and address instructors with “Mrs," “Miss," or "Mr."
- No jewelry or watches except for rings and small earrings.
- Younger students shall not enter studio without instructor present. Older and advanced students are welcome to use the studio before class to warm up.
- Students may not leave class early without permission and prior communication.
- No sitting in class or hanging off of barres.
- No street shoes shall be allowed on dance floor.
- At the end of class, students are expected to thank their instructors with curtsy/bow.
- Placement is not based on age or length of time studying dance
- Placement is based upon application, artistic accomplishment, physicality and overall ability. This ensures that each student reaches their maximum potential. Since dance is based on muscle memory, we want to ensure that students form correct habits in their technique.
- If a student is placed in a level too challenging, they may be executing the steps incorrectly, which would hinder progress. Our goal is to make sure that each student is adequately challenged and encouraged to reach their full potential as a dancer.
Students must attend class in accordance to the dress code provided on this website. Students not dressed according to the OKC Dance Centre dress code will not be allowed to participate.
Photos and videos will occasionally be taken during class to promote us on OKC Dance Centre’s website and different social networks. You will need to sign a photo release form if you agree to this.
- When you enroll, you are committing to a school year that lasts from September to May.
- All tuition is due on the 1st of each month. A $25 Late fee is issued after the 10th of each month.
- Withdrawal from the program requires written notice 30 days in advance of the next month's tuition.
- Students are not allowed to participate in classes unless their tuition is current.
- $35 charge for returned checks.
- $35 non-refundable registration fee per student.
As with any physical activity, the risk of injury is a possibility. OKC Dance Centre does not accept liability for injury or accident while participating in its classes or performances. Every effort is made to ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff. If you have concerns about participation, always consult your physician.